A Regional Approach to Innovation: The Central Ohio Story
The Columbus, Ohio, region has become the fastest-growing city for startup activity and the #1 city for scaling startups, according to the Kauffman Foundation. Learn how an intentional approach for connecting the region’s resources is fostering high-growth, high-tech companies and leading to overall regional success.
Key takeaways from the session will be:
- Innovating with purpose to create a plan for connecting your region’s assets;
- Collaboration with research institutions and finding leaders to take spinouts to market;
- Getting support from the corporate base; and,
- Tying startup activity into a larger regional plan for starting, growing, attracting and retaining great businesses.
- Tom Walker, President & CEO, Rev1 Ventures
- Colleen Gilger, Director of Economic Development, City of Dublin, Ohio
- Kenny McDonald, President and Chief Economic Officer, Columbus2020
- Cheryl Turnbull, Senior Director of Venture Capital; Director of Finance, The Ohio State University